In an attempt to overcome a bit of writer’s block I’ve experienced lately, I’ve decided to join in with the blogging world’s fascination of memes, writing prompts, etc - hopefully these will ‘inspire’ some interesting blog posts from me! I’d hate for my website to become a mundane list of what I’ve been doing, with no real insight into my life & who I am.
10 on Tuesday is a simple concept, each Tuesday they give you a title, and you list 10 things. But maybe (fingers crossed!) this will kick me into action and I will end up elaborating on the topics when the answers are interesting enough.
This weeks title is ‘10 Least Liked Foods‘
- Spaghetti Bolognese 1
- Tinned hot dog sausages 2
- Anything overly spicy
- Almonds 3
- Cherries 4
- Tomato soup
This was actually really hard.. it turns out when I think about it there isn’t much I won’t eat & enjoy. I have trouble sometimes picking things to eat in restuarants, but I think that is down to the fact I tend to read the menu & pick something I fancy.. what I want to eat depends entirely on my mood & not as much on my dislikes. I’m quite an easy house guest - with the exception of the above, pretty much anything you put in front of me will get eaten!
- I think this is almost entirely psychological, I used to adore a good spag bog when I was a child. However, when I was about 13, I went away on a GVC (Girls Venture Corps Air Cadets) camp & ate a large portion of spaghetti bolognese. This soon turned out to be a very bad idea as I had a terrible reaction to it - within hours I was hunched over a bowl letting it all out again. Since that fateful day I haven’t been able to look at a plate of spag bog without feeling a little bit ill! ↩
- I actually love normal sausages - these are a crime against them in my opinion. They should be banished from the shelves of every supermarket. Asap. ↩
- Especially the sugared kind they give you at weddings. When I was young and didn’t realise what was inside it was a bit of a let down. ↩
- With the exception of ‘cherry drops’ which are heavenly and deadly addictive. ↩