While browsing through my UK Lady Bloggers rss feeds today, I noticed this interesting post from Pink Jellybaby - using a prompt from Twenty Something Writers (another interesting looking blog I should add to my Google Reader!). Her answers to this were revealing & honest, and I liked them - so I thought I’d give it a shot:
We all have something we want to say to someone. Maybe it’s someone in your life now. Or, maybe it is something you wish you said to someone who is no longer in your life. It could even be Mr./Ms. Random Person that you saw in the local coffee shop today. What do you want to say that you were never able to?You can leave the person(s) identity anonymous, if you’d like. Feel free to feature more than one person. Do it in letter form or any form you prefer. Show us that creativity!
- I wish it had never happened. I wish I didn’t have to see you again and that I could just run away from it, but every time I see you I think about it and it scares me. Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve that, was it my fault? That kind of thing doesn’t happen to the good girls, surely? Why???
- I’m sorry for what I did to you, I was a coward and I should have behaved better - but I’m not sorry for anything but the way I did it. I got away before I made any more big mistakes. I loved you once. I really did. It broke my heart.
- I was scared of you - why couldn’t you understand I couldn’t live like that? It was driving me further back into my shell than ever before, I had to get away.
- Get over it already, and stop being so bloody negative all the time. Make an effort, stop moaning about every last thing, and suck. it. up. Get on with your life, and make a decent effort at it.
- I don’t think you quite understand how much you have changed my life. I am so much happier than I was before & I am so grateful for you because you have helped me finally start to figure out just who I am. I was never comfortable in my own skin before I met you. Thank you so much.
- I miss you every day. I want so much to be able to talk to you again, to laugh with you & to cry with you - like we used to. I pushed you away when I was going through all that crap, and I should have just asked for help. Instead I lost you because of my own stupidity.
- I still think you’re an idiot. You’re a nice guy, but you’re a bit of a plonker. Grow up already.